Sunday, October 4, 2009

2007 Ferrari-Carano Chardonnay Alexander Valley

Ok back to the really good wine courtesy of a very nice friend. I really like the 2007 Ferrari-Carano Chardonnay from the Alexander Valley. Come to think of it is there any bad wine from Alexander Valley?

In the glass the first smell I grab is the ripe pineapple closely followed by pear. Smell 2 brings fruity apple and a slight hint of oak.

Once in the mouth I knew this was one excellent wine. Smooth ripe apple at the beginning and then here comes a perfect dose of pear which lingers and then finishes with a slight hint of oak. Truly amazing harmony of flavors.

This was my first wine from Ferrari-Carano but it won't be my last. I am ranking this as one of my top Chardonnay's all time.

Cheers
Dan

1 comment:

cherylmcm said...

Hello Dan, so glad you enjoyed our Chardonnay. Hope that if you're ever in Sonoma County Wine Country, that you'll drop by and see us in person, try some additional FC wines, and tour! Just let us know! Sincerely, Cheryl McMillan, Ferrari-Carano Winery. PR Mgr, cheryl@fcwinery.com