Saturday, October 17, 2009

2007 Hahn Chardonnay Monterey

I know my last post mentioned cold weather, snow and time for reds. Yes even I can be swayed for a good bottle of Chardonnay. The 2007 Hahn is just that bottle.



Really nice aroma on this chardonnay. First it's a crisp fresh lemon followed by peach and an orange/citrus combination finish. You can also pick up a hint of vanilla spice. I could smell the wine all day but that makes no sense. Time to drink baby.



Drink is so harsh (that's what we do with beer) so my first "taste" of this wonderful chardonnay produced a juicy peach/lemon/vanilla combination and finished with an orange zesty spice. Slight oak at the finish as well. Great combination of flavor a quality chardonnay by the folks at Hahn.



Cheers

Dan

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the kind words Dan.

Perhaps we'll have the opportunity to share a glass together one day.

Philip Woodrow
Hahn Family Wines