Saturday, December 26, 2009

2007 Paul Dolan Vineyards Chardonnay


I was pleasantly surprised when my shipment of samples arrived from Paul Dolan Vineyards (http://www.pauldolanwine.com/) to see a Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Cabernet. I've heard many good things about the winery/wines (organic & biodynamic farming plus named Winery of The Year by the California Tourism Association) and grateful to have the opportunity to taste/blog.

I started with the 2007 Chardonnay. Nice crisp fresh smell on this wine. The pear/citrus aroma stands out at first and next a vanilla/spice combination. As the wine warms in the glass slightly the vanilla jumps right to the front. Light in color. I'm anxious to get started tasting.

Excellent flavor of pear at the start, juicy citrus in the middle followed by creamy vanilla at the finish. Outstanding combination of flavors all in perfect harmony. Just like during the smell as the wine warms, the creamy vanilla now brings itself to the front and finishes with a hint of pear. The flavors in either combination are awesome and you really hate to put the glass down.

Special thank you to Paul Dolan for the opportunity to learn about and taste the 2007 Dolan Vineyards Chardonnay. I truly enjoyed this bottle and will make sure its in my cellar for my friends to enjoy as well in the future. A must for Chardonnay lovers to have on hand.

I encourage you to visit the winery website as it has a wealth of interesting information on green farming. Amazed each time I visit the site I learn something new.
Cheers
Dan






No comments: