Tuesday, February 16, 2010

2007 Cleavage Creek Merlot-Shiraz Tracy Hills

My second sample from Cleavage Creek was the 2007 Merlot-Shiraz blend. This wine would be my first merlot-shiraz combo and truthfully had no idea what to expect.

When I first poured this wine into the glass I get a pronounced berry aroma of fresh raspberry and dark fruit(almost as if a black raspberry). Peppery spice finishes the aroma and now it's time to taste this wine.

Nice full bodied wine in my opinion with juicy raspberry followed by black raspberry and a spicy finish. Very impressed with the combination and the flavor of this wine. Raspberry/spice really holds at the finish. I think this wine would be great with a nice seasoned beef filet.

I can't thank Budge and the staff enough for the opportunity to taste/blog Cleavage Creek Wine.
One can only hope you find his story and those of the survivors inspiring and choose to support their fight against breast cancer by purchasing Cleavage Creek wine. Please join me and help win the battle.

Cheers
Dan

No comments: