Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Planning the Napa Trip

What a surprise when my wife completely shocks me with a pre-paid trip to Napa/Sonoma for Valentines day. Our trip will be in June and it cannot come soon enough. Something about wallowing in the land of wine, sun and great food gets the heart racing. While I start to plan our visit I'm asking readers for suggestions on restaurants, shops, sites and naturally wine tasting. Each of our stops will be blogged including pictures, interviews and all the wonderful wine folks we meet. So help us out both wine and non wine activities. Rest assured my wife does not drink so I have a designated driver :) but maybe we can find a sweet wine for her.

Day 1 arrive in Napa around 4pm but I am told a stop to Domaine Carneros is a must for bubbly and the view off the patio. After that someone suggested a visit to In N Out Burger or my Cali visit is a bust. But what to do the rest of the evening? The hotel does have a wine bar (would you think anything less)! Help

Day 2 so far starts off with a visit to my friends at Cuvaison at the Carneros tasting room (should I also visit the winery in Calistoga). From there we head to Ceja Vineyards and a nice visit with Amelia Ceja and a chance to see the winery. By then it may be a quick bite to eat so can anyone suggest a nice little cafe or lunch stop? Once done we are off to see Rick Bakas and the fine folks of St Supery. No plans for the rest of the day so I really need your suggestions.

Day 3. I promised my wife a trip to stand on the beach and dip her toes in the ocean so off to Bodega Bay we go in the morning. First wine stop of the day Hook & Ladder to see Jason Deloach and yes taste some wonderful Pinot. Great Pinot doesn't stop there so our next visit is to the folks at John Tyler to meet Katey & Nicole. Not enough wine well then we are off to Ferrari Carano to meet Cheryl and a nice tour plus some great Chardonnay.
Dinner suggestions and additional site seeing needed

Day 4 I have no clue yet so I really need your help readers.

Day 5 I cry as we venture to the airport to head back to Iowa. Almost think we need to detour into San Fran for a quick stop but never been there.

You can see I've started a plan but it comes with a lot of holes. I'm counting on my great followers and readers to help me out. Can't wait to see all of you.

Cheers friends
Dan

No comments: