Saturday, July 17, 2010

2005 Selene Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon


Another of my very excellent samples from Selene Wines was this 2005 Napa Valley Cabernet. I chose to enjoy this wine with beef filets I grilled one night and felt it would pair very nicely. Right on the money with this beauty.

I opened the wine an hour before I poured. Once in the glass the aroma of fresh blackberry tickles your nose followed closely by raspberry, slight hint of vanilla and oak at the end. Nice deep color and you can really smell the ripe fruit.

Wow! Great wine Mia. The blackberry is very pronounced in the beginning of the taste. Jammy raspberry blends nicely with the blackberry and both carry long into the finish. Vanilla and oak round out this very full bodied cabernet. The flavor of the steak complimented the wine perfectly or the other way around take your pick. I'm a great cook but the wine was the winner by a long shot!

Mia and Tracy thank you for sharing this wonderful cabernet. Folks next time your serving steak grab a bottle of Selene Cabernet to serve to your friends. They will thank you!

Cheers
Dan

No comments: