Saturday, July 24, 2010

2007 Ceja Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc Sonoma Coast


I'm guessing the readers of the Iowa Wino can tell what a big fan I am of Ceja Wine. Meeting Amelia and Dalia on our trip to Napa, spending quality time talking with them and tasting Ceja's offerings, you come away impressed with their story and a love of their wines. What a great family and I am proud to call them my Carneros friends.

Tonight I chose the 07 Sauvignon Blanc (which I purchased on our visit) wanting a crisp wine to enjoy during what feels like our endless humid season. In the glass the aroma of the key lime fills the nose on each sniff. A slight hint of peach and grapefruit compliments the lime nicely. The wine smells very crisp and time for a taste.

What a great citrus flavor from start to finish. The lime, grapefruit, peach combination really tickle the taste buds. A little minerality along with the lime showcase a nice long finish. Very crisp and refreshing and just as good when I tasted this wine in California.


On any trip to Napa you must stop by Ceja Vineyards tasting room in downtown to enjoy great wine, conversation and a chance to purchase your new favorite wines. Once you're finished, stop by Amelia's sons new restaurant Bistro Sabor and enjoy great food and wine to complete your visit. Gracias Amelia para hacer grandes vinos and I can't wait to visit again. Friends tell the folks at Ceja hello for me on your next visit.

Cheers
Dan

No comments: