Sunday, July 18, 2010

2007 Hartman Lane Pinot Noir Russian River Valley


While visiting Jason Deloach at Hook and Ladder Winery tasting some very good Pinot (and many other varietals), I had the opportunity to purchase this gem. What amazes me is the enthusiasm of Jason and his passion for creating over the top wine. The 07 Hartman Lane will not dissapoint.

Just as it did in the winery, the aroma of ripe cherry fills your nose. Sniffs 2 and 3 yield the perfect blend of spice with a slight oak/vanilla character at the end.

Classic elegant Pinot Noir. Cherry starts your taste off and lasts from start to finish. The spice starts warming the tongue slightly and quickly moves to a hint of vanilla. I'll describe this wine as "liquid silk" so smooth and rich. I served this wine with a grilled pork tenderloin seasoned with olive oil, fresh cracked pepper and thyme. I also chose this wine to start my night off for the Pinot Noir Twitter Tweetup sharing my thoughts with other Pinot fans.


Jason kudos on a great Pinot Noir. You have a big fan of your wine here in the Midwest.

Cheers
Dan

No comments: