Saturday, September 4, 2010

2006 Selene Dead Fred Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon


Thursday September 2 was Cabernet Day on twitter with people from around the world coming together to taste and share their thoughts on a bottle or 2 of Cabernet Sauvignon. Arranged by Rick Bakas of St Supery in Napa, I found by participating some new friends and some wine I must drink.

The bottle I chose for the evening was my last sample from Mia Klein owner and winemaker of Selene Wines and her trusty sidekick Tracy Hall. One very special cabernet I had the pleasure of enjoying this evening. Rest in peace Fred and watch over these wonderful grapes :)

Once in the glass the aroma of blackberry hits your nose first. Next the hint of blueberry, and on night 2 I picked up a slight raspberry aroma. The wine finished with a wonderful spice note. Nice concentrated fruit smell and a wonderful deep dark color.

Awesome wine to taste and enjoy. The blackberry very dominant throughout but not overpowering. Blueberry is evident in the middle followed by the spice finish. Very smooth for a wine with such intense flavor. Yes Mia it's a keeper but then you already knew that :)

Folks please check out the link to Mia's website Selene Wines for more information on all her varietals. Pick up a bottle or 2 and let me know how you enjoyed them. Mia and Tracy thank you again for introducing me to your wonderful wine.

Cheers
Dan

No comments: