Sunday, November 7, 2010

2006 Cambria Julia's Vineyard Santa Maria Valley


My first ever taste of Cambria was courtesy of my oldest child and her gift "Happy Belated Birthday Dad". Still trying to figure out how she knows good old pops is a Pinot Lover!

I knew very little about the winery before I tasted so naturally I headed to their website Cambria Wine to learn more about them and the wines they produce. Located 3 hours north of Los Angeles in Santa Barbara County, Cambria has been producing estate Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Syrah for 20 years. I guess I must have been living in a fog for all these years missing out on this wine.

When this wine hits the glass there is no doubt its great Pinot. The ripe cherry aroma fills your nose first. Next the combination of the strawberry and the cinnamon spice followed by a slight hint of vanilla is absolutely perfect. Nice bright color I am ready for a taste.

Silky smooth and full of ripe fruit this wine will not disappoint. Cherry was dominant on the aroma and its no different when you first taste. What was really nice is the cinnamon spice combines with the cherry giving you a warm feeling. Next the strawberry and vanilla appear and really completes the wine. All I could say when the bottle was finished WOW! Yes Cambria you have a new fan and now I must visit and taste more of your wine.

Cheers
Dan

No comments: