Saturday, May 21, 2011

2007 DuNah Pinot Noir Sangiacomo Vineyard Sonoma Coast


So excited to taste the 07 Pinot Noir from DuNah which my friend Scott Jordan from Cellars Of Sonoma has poured many times on his TVTuesday segment as I watched and drooled (yes you read that correctly). Show of hands if you didn't know I get really excited everytime I open a wine made from my favorite grape. I purchased this wine through Lot18 and introduced to them by Klout. It was #WineWednesday and this beauty was outstanding.

From the moment the wine was in the glass the aroma of ripe dark cherry was beautiful. The longer in the glass the more red berry aromas came to the front along with a hint of fresh cut rose. Finally a slight spice tickled my nose.

Wow is this wine great. The cherry evident in the aroma is front and center on the taste but not overpowering. A hint of raspberry/cranberry in the middle and a finish of cola/spice is to die for. The finish is long and smooth begging you to keep filling your glass. Chef Robin White in beautiful Sonoma wine country tells me it's one of her favorites..... mine as well Chef. Greg LaFollette my palate thanks you for this wonderful wine.

Cheers
Dan

No comments: