Tuesday, May 24, 2011

2009 Struttin White Eric Ross Winery


One of my favorite winemakers Eric Luse of Eric Ross Winery created todays wine the 2009 Struttin White. Love this blend of 96% Albarino, 3% Orange Muscat and 1% Muscat Canelli. What you will enjoy about Eric's wines is how the fruit is showcased and he will always tell you great wine starts with the fruit. Plus if you stop by the tasting room (and it's a must) he will fill your head with wine knowledge and a few jokes for the road.

So how was the wine? The aroma is wonderful with the first fruit hitting your nose being ripe peach. Next I get an orange citrus/apricot combination which is so fresh and crisp. Little mineral tickle at the end.  Time for a taste.

Nice refreshing wine and I found myself "struttin" after each taste. The star of the show is the peach and the minerality throughout each mouthful. In the middle of the wine there is the slight hint apricot and then transitions back to the peach/citrus for the finish. I enjoyed the wine as I grilled chicken breasts and legs (neighbors probably saw me going what the hell is doing walking like that) and also with dinner.

Eric you once again nailed it with this wine. Crisp, clean, refreshing, ripe fruit this is why I drink small production wines. Folks stop by and sample some of their wines today. Located at 14300 Arnold Drive in beautiful Glen Ellen California. Say hello to Diane, Dennis and Eric for me. Buy some wine too and support this fine boutique winery and producer.

Cheers
Dan

No comments: