Wednesday, August 24, 2011

07 Chimney Rock Elevage Blanc & Mango Gaspacho #ColdSoupWeek


Always a perfect experience when you're introduced to great wine paired with fresh food. Today's post I get the chance to drink a fabulous wine from Chimney Rock Winery and winemaker Elizabeth Vianna (my first) while creating a cold soup from the famous amazing Chef Robin White..... Mango Gaspacho. Highly recommend the pairing.

The soup was delicious with citrus of the orange juice, lime juice and mango with the right touch of heat from the jalapeno/onion dice. Toss in some fresh cilantro and the flavors explode. Yum was all I could say.

The wine Elizabeth was amazing. Aromas of peach, melon, lemon peel, vanilla with a hint of butterscotch. In the mouth fresh fruit with melon, nectarine, grapefruit, and citrus zest pleasing your palate. Vanilla on the finish really completed the wine for me. I loved how the citrus of the wine complimented the citrus in the soup. The pairing was magical.


Chef I'm honored to have sponsored night #3 of ColdSoupWeek. Elizabeth thank you for allowing me the opportunity to taste your wine. I hope you all had as much fun as this wino! Looking for the recipe click here Mango Gaspacho and to learn more about Chimney Rock Winery check out the link to their website.

Cheers
Dan

No comments: