Sunday, August 7, 2011

2010 Stepping Stone by Cornerstone Corallina Syrah Rose Napa Valley


About a year and 1/2 ago Craig Camp Managing Partner of Cornerstone Cellars introuduced me to the portfolio of wines by Stepping Stone and I have been a fan ever since. Consistent, food friendly, fruit forward wines which are easy on the pocket book and great tasting. Todays post was a sample received the 2010 Corallina Rose` which is produced from the Syrah grape. Crisp, refreshing and I found myself unable to put the glass down it was that good.

Beautiful aroma on the wine with ripe strawberry very dominant in the beginning. Hints of ripe melon, allspice combining with fresh cut rose pedals is very pleasing to the nose. A wine you could swirl and smell all day!

As I said above so crisp and refreshing. Juicy fresh strawberry starts your taste followed by a hint of tart cranberry. A ripe melon citrus greets your palate in the middle and the slight hint of spice at the end compliments the juicy finish. The layers of fruit were in perfect balance and the wine very easy drinking.

Craig a big thank you for allowing me to taste this wonderful wine. My compliments to the winemaker Jeff Keene for creating a gem. Stop by their tasting room in Yountville on your next visit or click the link Cornerstone Cellars to order online.

Cheers
Dan

No comments: