Friday, September 16, 2011

2006 Bonneau Napa Valley Meritage Epos


My last bottle from the wine club shipment courtesy of Scott Jordan for the TV Tuesday tastings at Cellars of Sonoma. John Bambury from Bonneau Wines was the evenings guest. I have read many great compliments about John's wines so I was very excited to have a taste. Today's offering is a blend of 70% Cabernet Sauvignon from the Stagecoach Vineyards, 20% Malbec and 10% Petit Verdot.

Just an unbelievable nose on this wine. While Scott was asking me "Do you smell this wine" I was trying to type the same. The fruit is amazing with the dark cherry, blackberry and blueberry so fresh. The allspice compliments the fruit perfectly and the swirl/smell finishes with a hint of sweet oak.

The flavor on this wine is so delicious and perfect. Ripe dark cherry combined with the rich blackberry and softened by the silky blueberry treats your taste buds. Towards the middle the allspice arrives and then the finish is a juicy raspberry. Kevin Jordan and I commented how outstanding this wine is and grab as many bottles as you can there are only 10 cases left.

Well Scott it's been a great 4 weeks of wine tasting with each bottle as tasty as the next. My thanks to you for introducing me to amazing wines and winemakers.

Cheers
Dan

No comments: