Wednesday, September 21, 2011

2010 Stepping Stone By Cornerstone Riesling Napa Valley


Last hot day in the Midwest for awhile I'm afraid so a great time to open my sample from Stepping Stone Wines the 2010 Napa Valley Riesling. Fermented in stainless steel, I absolutely love how the fruit shines both in aroma and flavor. For the past two years I have tasted the the Stepping Stone portfolio of wines and each vintage is solid, consistent great wine and very affordable.

In the glass the tropical melon, hints of flower and honey, lemon zest, lively citrus were so appealing to my nose. The wine smells exceptionally crisp and I'm excited to taste.

Outstanding flavor with grapefruit at the forefront. Tangerine and lemon zest greet you in the middle and a wonderful minerality on the finish. So clean, crisp, refreshing and dry. I tend to shy away from Riesling because others I have tasted were sweet, but this one is remarkable.

Craig many thanks for the wonderful wines you allowed me to taste. Kudos to the staff and keep producing these awesome wines. Fans make sure you check out Cornerstone Cellars to order some of your own Stepping Stone Wines and taste for yourself.

Cheers
Dan

No comments: