Saturday, November 26, 2011

2009 Eric Ross Marsanne-Roussanne Russian River Valley Saralee's Vineyard


My last bottle purchased from the summer wine collection was this beauty from my good friend Eric Luse winemaker/comedian at Eric Ross Winery. Opened before thanksgiving dinner, my daughter who typically drinks little if any wine really enjoyed this refreshing white (see Dad still knows best). What I truly enjoy about Eric's wine is that each bottle showcases the fruit of the vineyard. One of our long talks one evening the winemakers wisdom was bestowed on me "Danny, take what the vineyard gives you because great fruit will make great wine!"

In the glass the aroma of pear and melon come to the front. Toasted almond and rich vanilla with orange citrus notes throughout each sniff. The wine smells crisp and fresh. Many times with Eric's wines, I find find myself swirling more than drinking picturing myself standing surrounded by the vineyard's fruit.

Eric another excellent flavor packed wine. Ripe pear and fresh melon wrapped around nectarine citrus notes. Apricot on the finish with a touch of honey and a nice minerality. Crisp and refreshing just as the aroma's showcased. Perfectly balanced with ripe fruit and acidity. Bravo Eric.

Wine drinkers new and old, Eric Ross Winery has one of the finest portfolios of wine and a must for your cellar/glass. Don't miss the opportunity to visit while in Glenn Ellen on your next wine country visit. Eric I can't wait to pop in again for some of that good juice and the Luse stories!

Cheers
Dan

No comments: