Saturday, June 23, 2012

2011 St Supery Sauvignon Blanc for #SauvBlanc Day 2012



My visit a couple years ago to the St Supery Estate Vineyards and Winery was memorable so having the opportunity to join in the #SauvBlanc day fun virtually.... no brainer. Beautiful facility, exceptional wine and a friendly staff its a must visit whenever in Napa. In case you missed the post St Supery Visit

The winemaker has nailed this sauvignon blanc perfectly and captures the essence of the vineyard in each bottle. Right from the start citrus both lemon and lime barrel ( no pun intended) from the glass. Next a tropical sensation of apricot, grapefruit with a slight hint of melon tickle the nose.

I believe a comment I had tweeted was "Oh St Supery how I miss you" as I tasted and enjoyed this delicious treat. Grapefruit with hints of the apricot start the taste off. Follow that fruit up with a long lemon soft finish and you have a wine that is made for sipping or pairing. Naturally I tasted prior to dinner and with a lemon pepper chicken breast during. Many of you know when it comes to sauv blanc if the grapefruit overpowers, I'm not a fan but the fruit and citrus combination from St Supery is a perfect balance. Bravo!

Next time your in Napa and driving on 29 check out St Supery for a tour, tasting or both. You will enjoy the visit. Jenna thank you so very much for including me in your #SauvBlanc Day celebration.

Cheers
Dan

No comments: