Monday, September 24, 2012

2010 Stepping Stone By Cornerstone North Coast Red Rocks




Always a treat tasting the new releases from Craig and the folks at Cornerstone Cellars Tonight's wine is the North Coast Red Rocks a blend of Zinfandel, Syrah and Merlot. I paired this wine with a Gino's Chicago Sausage/Pepperoni Pizza.

On the nose as soon as I popped the cork I got a quick little smokey sensation. Plum, raspberry and blueberry with hints of pepper/clove. The longer in the glass.....plum, boysenberry and blueberry.

Plum dominated the taste with raspberry, white pepper and spice following. I really enjoyed this wine with the pizza. The plum complimented the tangy, chunky tomato sauce while the pepper added a nice touch of spice to the dish working well with the garlic and meats. Soft finish with the food and when I drank alone there definately were tannins.

Stay tuned for Stepping Stone's White Rocks tasting.

Cheers
Dan

No comments: