Sunday, November 25, 2012

2010 Cornerstone Oregon Pinot Noir Willamette Valley


Pinot my old friend so luscious and silky. Love the holidays especially the traditional meals which pair nicely with my favorite varietal. Today I served the 2010 Cornerstone Cellars Pinot Noir with my turkey, cranberry sauce and favorite stuffing. Beautiful pairing with the rich fruit in the wine paying a compliment to the flavors in the meal.

Right away your nose fills with ripe dark cherry and red raspberry showcasing the fruit of the vineyard. No doubt in my mind these berries were harvested at the perfect time. Cloves and cinnamon spice with a nice hint of earthiness. Soothing and inviting aromas.

Well done Pinot. Juicy cherry with hints of fresh strawberry and red raspberry followed by a slight tart cranberry. Warm cinnamon spice on the end finished the taste with elegance. A palate pleaser and one I think you will really enjoy.

To learn more about their wines produced in Oregon click the link Cornerstone Cellars or call 971-228-5758 to schedule your tasting today. It's a stop you won't want to miss. Craig and the gang have an award winner with this bottle.

Cheers
Dan

No comments: