Tuesday, January 15, 2013

2010 Four Vines Naked Chardonnay Santa Barbara County


Unoaked Chardonnay was my latest purchase from my favorite Cedar Rapids Wine Shop First Avenue Wine House I had not stopped for awhile so I'm assuming Traci thought I was ill or something. This happened to be a staff pick so it caught my eye. Couple of my friends knew the winemaker Christian Tietje, so my guess this would be a nice wine was correct. Fermented in 100% stainless steel, I have become a fan of theses unoaked morsels of lively juice (so has my wife).

On the nose granny smith apple, peach, pineapple, melon, tons of citrus zest with a hint of vanilla and lemon. Definately crisp tropical fruit!

Did I just put fresh lime sherbert in my mouth? Lime with lemon citrus creme. Pineapple with a nice minerality on the finish. Simple yet full of flavor. Love finding these inexpensive gems.

Vacation in Paso
Wine Country Travel-Save
Visit Disneyland


Cheers
Dan



No comments: