Sunday, June 9, 2013

Las Lilas and Cruzeiro Branco Vinho Verde


Amidst all the hustle and bustle of daily life, it's so relaxing to sit and enjoy a glass of white wine. Sharing with friends or kicking the feet up on the screen porch, white should be a staple in your cellar. I have tasted many of the Vinho Verde wines and really enjoy them.

First wine is the Las Lilas with its nose of citrus. Lemon/Lime with fresh melon, cantaloupe and peach. Feels like I'm standing on the coastline of Portugal with the sea breeze in my face as I sniff this crisp wine. Nice mouth with bright lemon and peach. Fresh honeydew melon with hints of cantaloupe and a lemon lime finish.

Unfortunately the Cruzeiro Branco bottle had leaked in the packaging and once the foil was removed the cork had pushed out so no tasting for that bottle.

Grab a bottle or 5 of the wines of Vinho Verde. I think you will enjoy their quality and price.

Cheers
Dan

No comments: