Tuesday, July 30, 2013

2008 Terlato Family Vineyards Russian River Valley Chardonnay


Stopped in my local wine store First Avenue Wine House and scouring the shelves I found a Terlato Russian River Valley Chardonnay 2008. I actually was in there to purchase a couple birthday presents for the daughter but hey Dad could use some juice too. This bottle is pouring very nicely for a 2008, crisp yet creamy and worked well with my sauteed veggies over angel hair pasta. Shout out to my friend Traci for pointing it out. She is enjoying a well deserved Oregon wine country vacation as I write this post (checking out new wines to bring back to the shop).

Beautiful nose of warm sliced green apple pie with a nice baking spice. Hints of ground cinnamon and vanilla bean. As the wine opens fresh white peach treats the nose.

First sip is full of granny smith apple and creamy vanilla. Toasty oak notes with nectarine and white peach layered in between the apple/vanilla combination. The wine softened as it opened in the glass and as it warmed a little cinnamon on the finish. I thought it was better on day 2 after breathing. A lobster pairing with this wine would be delicious as well.

Great recommendation Traci. You will never go wrong when drinking California Russian River Valley juice.

Cheers
Dan


No comments: