Tuesday, December 24, 2013

LaCrema Monterey Chardonnay and Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir on Snooth


My first Snooth.Com tasting and really impressed with the live video feed and interaction between participants and hosts. Great conversations about distinct variations in regions, climate and it's affects on the grapes. Plus some pretty nice wines this evening from LaCrema Wines and from the comments I think folks enjoyed the evening. I know I did!!!

Up first the 2012 Monterey Chardonnay which I dubbed the tropical beauty. On the nose loads of citrus, butterscotch, fresh lemon, pineapple and orange zest. The mouth carried the tropics and made me feel the coastal breeze in every sip. Pineapple and lemon citrus with hints of green apple. Slight hint of oak on the finish. Sitting here in this cold climate my heart warmed with this wine. I felt like I was sipping on the beach.

The 2012 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir our second wine of the evening was another excellent selection. Big fan of sonoma coast juice. Bright cherry notes with a deep cola and cinnamon spice. Strawberry and creamy vanilla as the wine opens. Jammy fruit in the mouth with cherry, red raspberry and cranberry. Sweet toasty vanilla, cola and warm cinnamon finishing with a long juicy red berry finish. Beautiful.

Great holiday tasting and a huge thanks to Greg Dal Piaz and LaCrema for including me. Really enjoyed myself this evening.

Happy Holidays
Cheers
Dan


No comments: