Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2009 Ceja Vineyards Brut Sparkling Wine Napa Valley Carneros


Happy New Year! Apparently Ceja Vineyards is my go to sparkler for saying goodbye old and welcome new because another bottle was enjoyed saying hello 2013. I think you may have me hooked Amelia or the fact this was a great wine club selection and I had to buy more. My final bottle and a perfect night to open.

The wine is made from 2 of my favorite grapes 60% Chardonnay and 40% Pinot Noir. Bubbles should be enjoyed anytime not just for celebrations. Offer this wine as a starter with your guests with light cheese and fruit platters. You will be popular trust me on this.

The nose has loads of lemon citrus, fresh apple a touch of vanilla along with spiced ginger. A crips nose tickler along with pleasing aromatics. I believe this sparkler became better with age.

The mouth is refreshing with apple, pear and a kiss of lemon on the finish. This wine is why I love sparklers! The only way this would taste better is if Amelia and Dalia were sipping with us.

If you're in Sonoma stop by the tasting room at 22989 Burndale Rd Sonoma on the same property as their sister business Carneros Brewing Company. If you would like these wines shipped to you direct click here Wine Club and sign up today.

May 2015 be prosperous, healthy and full of great wine.

Cheers
Dan


No comments: