Saturday, January 16, 2016

2012 Ceja Vineyards Merlot Sonoma County Carneros


Tonight's wine was the 2012 Ceja Vineyards Merlot from my adopted Carneros Family. Many times I have written how special their wines and how much I enjoy them. I'm going to let the wine do the talking this evening. Well priced at $48 it was a wine in my club shipment and worth every dollar and then some.

The nose is luscious with ripe red and black fruit. Juicy raspberry and blackberry with plum notes followed by red currants. Not overpowering on the nose but a sense of elegance as you swirl and sniff.

The mouth as always is beautiful with the juicy raspberry and blackberry with a hint of plum. The red currant spice gives a nice little warm feel to the wine. The tannins are so incredibly soft. Such a beautifully balanced wine. Yes Amelia I love your Merlot too!

Check out the Ceja Vineyards website to purchase yours today by clicking the Buy Wine link. Visiting Sonoma then stop by their new tasting room located at 22989 Burndale Road. Enjoy an afternoon of wine tasting and learning about the Ceja Family.

Cheers
Dan

No comments: