Thursday, August 17, 2017

2011 Ceja Vineyards Vino de Casa Napa Valley


This bottle may have been perfect timing to pop the cork as my friends at Ceja Vineyards are celebrating 16 years of making ultra premium wine in the Napa Valley. They were my first winery visit on my initial trip to Napa and I have continued to follow and support their journey. I know that every time I open a bottle with the trademark bell "vinum, cantus, amor", special juice will be flowing into the glass.

The 2011 Vino de Casa Red Wine is a blend of Syrah, Pinot Noir and Merlot. The nose shows nicely and starts with fresh herbal notes followed by dark cherry, ripe plum and blackberry with hints of currants. The mouth is luscious with clusters of red and dark berries followed by soft plum and blueberries. A beautiful pepper/herbal spice greets the fruit as it flows across the palate.So easy to drink and I paired with spaghetti and organic marinara. Easily could be my everyday wine!

Make sure you swing by the Ceja Vineyards Tasting Room located at 22989 Burndale Road, Sonoma Open 11-5 Friday-Sunday and taste some Vino de Casa along with their other delicious varietals. Mucho amor a mi familia de Ceja!

Cheers
Dan

No comments: